Marco Polo describes a bridge, stone by stone.
- But which is the stone that supports the bridge? - asks Kubilay Khan.
- The bridge is not supported by this stone or that, - replies Marco, - but by the line of the arch that they form.
Kubilay Khan remained silent, reflecting. Then he added: - Why do you talk to me about the stones? It's only the arch that matters to me.
Polo responds: - Without stones there is no arch
The Mediterranean diet portal SiendasIn Sardinian treasures, SUPPORTS the producers.
Siendas works to protect Sardinia's food and wine excellence, to build relationships between quality producers and Italian and foreign markets, we want to improve awareness of the system that regulates food production and increase trade in favor of local economies by constantly seeking enthusiasts who know how to give to quality productions the value they deserve.
THE SHORT SUPPLY CHAIN: we want to give the right value to quality, in full recognition of the producers!
Siendas has always wanted to achieve a higher goal: to develop a short supply chain whilst making known the unique flavours and products of the Sardinian territories, re-establishing a link between consumers and producers. A single portal, to get in touch with the best that Sardinia can offer. An immense enological panorama, from north to south, from east to west providing wines of individual excellence and flavour as well as small gastronomic niches, handed down from generation to generation, preserving taste and quality as their pivotal objective.
To live up to this challenge to create bridges, the Producers and the Siendas team have to trust each other and act with transparency and professionalism, to make everyone understand the importance of our project. In this way to improve the economy of each territory, recognising the work of every link in the chain as important and useful for the wellbeing of the community. We will share experiences and learn from mistakes by accepting them as an integral part of the growth process. We will each work to give our best, and as a natural consequence become a honourable commercial example.
By accepting this Ethics Charter, everyone undertakes to adhere to these principles.
- Organise sales on a regular basis and carefully select the offer (quality, variety, price, availability, minimum order), all paying attention not to create a climate of unfair and unnecessary competition between the various producers and respecting the parameters that the community imposes.
- Organise production in a spacious and pleasant environment, which allows buyers to receive their products in the highest hygienic and food standard conditions.
- Widen and constantly enrich the network advising new buyers to become part of the Siendas commercial circuit, to offer producers a good market base capable of giving the right value to their products.
- Animate the community through the IT tools provided within the web platform (e-mail, chat ..) as well as through the organisation of itinerant online and gastronomic events (lunches, trips to meet Suppliers, etc.).
- To have a benevolent and unselfish attitude towards the community; welcome the new producers in a positive way and consider the possibility of positive collaborations where possible.
- To inform producers and buyers of important decisions, respecting the timescales established within the contract.
- On the part of Siendas to act as an intermediary between buyers and producers, explaining to each side the expectations and concerns of the other party; and in a more general way be empathic, spreading good ideas and favouring initiatives with enthusiasm.
- Respect the activity and the freedom of trade of buyers and producers: do not disturb unnecessarily and do not use their personal data for purposes other than those provided by Siendas Srls.
- Do not force Suppliers to make deliveries if the minimum order has not been reached.
- Keep regular contact with the company, and inform it of any changes related to the activity of the producer / Buyer (local, status, contacts, change of address etc.)